Florida’s Scenic Highway 30A stretches 24 miles along the Emerald Coast. Many people are drawn to the area because of the white sand beaches and crystal blue waters. But that’s not all this area has to offer.
The 30A area is a great place to call home. Dotted with unique beach communities, brimming with small town charm and luxury amenities, many people decide to make this eutopia their permanent residence.
The 30A area is a hot market for home buyers. The 25,000 acres of protected state forests and dune lakes prevent over-development, and that means property here is in high demand.
So, how do you find your perfect 30A dream home? The first step is finding a Realtor who is familiar with the area and what each 30A community has to offer. A knowledgeable Realtor is a vital resource when home shopping. They can help you decide which community aligns with the lifestyle you are looking for, and then find a home that fits your needs.
After you select a Realtor, you can use these three tips as a guideline to find your perfect piece of real estate along 30A.
- Visit each community: The 30A area has defined planned communities that each have their own style and design. Some of the most popular communities are:
- Alys Beach: This community features whitewashed surfaces and locally sourced materials. The Bermuda inspired architecture of Alys Beach makes you feel as if you are on a permanent vacation. Views of the Gulf and cool sea breezes are part of everyday life. Courtyards and water features are plentiful here. All homes here are built beyond code requirements and to the standard of Fortified. Alys Beach is the first community in the world to require these high standards to protect against natural disasters. With first class amenities, like the zero-entry Caliza pool and its open-air restaurant, Alys Beach is the definition of luxury living.
- WaterSound: This community features winding wooden boardwalks, trails, and bridges, connecting the homes. This community is golf cart friendly and residents enjoy the many amenities offered, such as pools, gathering areas, parks, green spaces, and nearby golf courses. WaterSound provides a tranquil lifestyle that is welcoming for families, retirees, and young professionals.
- WaterColor: If you want Southern charm then WaterColor may be the place for you. The homes here provide that small town feel with wide covered porches and tin roofs. Bordered by the Gulf of Mexico, protected State Forest and Western Lake, homeowners here have the best of 30A available to them. They also have resort style amenities like the Beach Club, a Gulf front swimming pool, and a boardwalk leading to a private beach access.
- Seaside: If you want to have the “Best Beach on Earth” for families (Travel + Leisure magazine) steps away, then Seaside is a must-see community. Seaside is also the place to be when it comes to festivals, concerts and fun. The homes here are designed with small town appeal featuring picket fences in front of pastel colored beach cottages. Seaside was even featured in The Truman Show!
- Rosemary Beach: Friendly faces and community are what you will find in Rosemary Beach. This community is designed with tradition in mind. From the brick-lined streets to the locally owned cafes, Rosemary Beach residents enjoy a sense of nostalgia. This community embraces connectivity and is completely pedestrian friendly. Residents and visitors enjoy the weekly farmer’s market, private community beach, and the 2.3-mile Rosemary Beach Fitness and Walking Trail.
- Consider Usage: Will you be renting your property as a vacation rental or living in your home fulltime? Vacation rentals are popular here in the 30A area. Many people purchase a home to use as a summer house and rent it out the rest of the year to visiting tourists. Others use their home as strictly a real estate investment, renting it to tourists year-round. Then there are the home buyers who are permanent residents. When home shopping, you should take your intentions into consideration. If you are looking for an investment property, your Realtor can target listings that fit your expectations as far as rental income and are in communities with short term rental guidelines that match your needs. If you will be living in your home, then what’s important to you will be different. You may be more interested in information on schools, family activities, amenities, and less interested in rental value. Having a Realtor who knows the local area is a huge benefit when it comes to these details.
- Check Out the Amenities: All the 30A communities offer homeowners something different as far as amenities go. Pools, beach access, and gathering areas are common, but many of the communities offer amenities that extend far beyond those basics. You can find everything from exclusive club memberships (some with golf courses) to private community beaches and nature trails. Your Realtor can provide you all amenity information associated with each community to ensure you find a home within a community that provides you with the lifestyle you want.
Finding your dream home in the 30A area doesn’t have to be difficult. With these tips, and a good Realtor, you can make your dream of living a luxurious beach life a reality!